Smoke Alarms Installation Brisbane
Looking for smoke alarm installation in your Brisbane house? We can help. Smoke alarms are important for safety and significantly reduce the risk of death in a house fire. When you sleep, your sense of smell also sleeps and if a fire starts, toxic fumes can overcome you. Photoelectric smoke alarms see smoke and will alert you early so that you can escape. With interconnected alarms, you will be alerted no matter where you are, or where the fire starts.
Jarvis Electrical offers smoke alarm testing, maintenance and installation (including hardwired, interconnected upgrades).
New Smoke Alarm Laws
As of 1st January 2017, new legislation has been introduced that specifies the type, positioning and interconnectedness of alarms which are critical factors for early warning.
Any existing smoke alarm being replaced after this date must be photoelectric and compliant with Australian Standard 3786-2014.
New dwellings and dwellings being substantially renovated will require smoke alarms that are –
- Photoelectric (AS3786-2014); and
- not also contain and ionisation sensor; and
- be hardwired to the mains power supply with a secondary power source (i.e. battery); and
- be interconnected with every other smoke alarm in the dwelling so all activate together
The legislation also requires that smoke alarms be installed –
- on each storey
- in each bedroom
- in hallways that connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling
- if there is no hallway, between the bedroom and other parts of the storey; and
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
Contact Jarvis Electrical for a free quote!